All of us, at some point in our lives, have visited a dental clinic. Some may have gone for something as trivial as teeth cleaning while others may have undergone complex cosmetic dentistry procedures. In today’s world, image is considered one of the most important reasons for people to avail of cosmetic dental services like teeth whitening.
These clinics don’t just deal with dental issues. They are often specialized in the field of jaw bone reconstruction, dental implantation procedures and other aesthetic dental surgery. They keep pace with the rapid rate at which dental technology is advancing and make use of some of the best techniques and tools that are available in the market.
What is a dental clinic?
A dental clinic can be defined as a specific place where a dental specialist meets with patients, analyses their particular dental problem and suggests a specific dental solution. These clinics provide both preventive oral care as well as curative care. They serve practically the whole community - children, teenagers, young adults, middle age folks as well as elderly people.
They provide services at an affordable price without compromising on the quality of the service. The tools and techniques are usually excellent and meet with the concerned international standards. Oral healthcare clinics also help patients to recover from the procedures that they undergo, i.e. there are facilities to help patients during the ‘rehabilitative stage’. Just make sure the dentist is accredited by a reputable body, such as ADEA.
What are the different services that are offered?
A dental clinic offers a variety of different services which are very much in demand in today’s society. Some of these services are:
- Routine Check-ups: These clinics offer a routine check-up facility and you can visit for a periodic evaluation just as you would go to a dentist’s office. There is a fixed minimum charge for a check-up and for a first time visit; they usually provide you with a detailed evaluation of the current state of your teeth.
- Teeth Cleaning: All dentistry clinics offer teeth cleaning service. This is one of the most common services that people usually opt for. Ideally, a teeth cleaning appointment should be scheduled every six months. This helps to maintain a nice pearly white smile. This service includes teeth polishing and scaling. This process also involves the removal of plaque from your teeth.
- Teeth whitening or bleaching: This is another popular service offered today, are willing to spend exorbitant amounts of money on getting a whiter and brighter smile. A special solution containing hydrogen peroxide and carbamide is applied onto your teeth and the stains in the enamel covering of your teeth are removed.
- Orthodontics: They provide orthodontic services for both children and adults to straighten teeth and treat any problems related to the growth and development of jaws.
- Periodontics: They also provide periodontal services which include the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of gum and mouth related diseases.
- Prosthodontics: They provide prosthodontic services which include the design, construction and fitting of crowns, bridges and dentures.
- Pediatric dentistry services: They also provide pediatric dentistry for little children and young adolescents. These pediatric dentists are specially trained to handle children.
- Operative dentistry: This involves the restoration of teeth by using traditional materials like amalgam and gold as well as other materials like porcelain and composite resin.
- Oral pathology and radiology services: This includes dental x-ray services, laboratory studies, treatment of TMJ disorders etc.
Many are also ‘specialty clinics’ which basically specialize in any one of the above areas of dental practice. Some are even family centric clinics which provide services for the whole family. A dental clinic is like a one-stop shop for everything dentistry related!