Veneers that Keep Your Pearly Whites Always White
Veneers are thin shells that are placed in front of the teeth to protect them. They form a protective layer over the teeth and prevent them from eroding and discoloration. Dental veneers are made of composite material or porcalain. They can dramatically improve the appearance of the front teeth, especially if they are discolored. In fact, if you have always been envious of your favorite celebrity’s teeth, most probably that person has had a smile makeover using veneers.
If you have been hiding your smile under your hand, because you do not want to show your teeth, it may be time to get veneers on your teeth.
Do you want to smile confidently again?
If you are considering getting dental veneers, here are some things that you should be aware of.
How do veneers help?
Dental veneers not only improve the appearance of your teeth and enhance your smile, but they also are a good alternative for a crown in some cases. They can alter the size, shape, and the color of the teeth positively. A single veneer can be used to cover a damaged tooth, a chipped tooth, stain and brown spots caused by smoking. Even those who have visible gaps in the front teeth can have them closed with veneer placement. Dental veneers are made to last and the material used to make them is safe and sturdy.
How are dental veneers placed?
Placing of dental veneers is broken down into sub processes. The entire procedure can be completed in 3 sittings. The outer shell of the process consists of 5 steps and they are: Diagnosis-Planning-Preparation-Treatment-Bonding.
- Diagnosis: At this stage, the dentist examines your teeth and identifies areas that need improvement. He marks the areas and if there is a need, he or she may also take an imprint of the teeth. After studying the condition of your teeth,
- Planning: Patient cooperation is utmost important in this cosmetic procedure. The way you smile makes a lot of difference to how the veneers are placed. So you have to make your expectations clear with your dentist on your first visit.
- Preparation: The teeth have to be prepared in advance to place the veneers. The teeth are buffed and if need be a small portion of the tooth is scraped. Sometimes veneer placements would involve local anesthesia as well. During the process, the dentist carefully bonds and places the veneer to fit your tooth exactly. If you are using ceramic veneers then a mold of your teeth is sent to the laboratory to make an imprint. This process takes longer than placing resin veneers.
- Treatment: Once the mould is ready or the resins are prepared, the doctor will start the process of placement. The veneers are first rested on your teeth, during which the dentist will check if the color of the veneer is matching with the rest of your teeth. If not, he will follow some small procedures to adjust the color of the veneers.
- Bonding: After checking all the necessary details, the veneers are bonded onto the tooth using dental cement. The veneers are placed exactly to fit the teeth and the gaps before hardening the cement. Once the position is set, the dentist passes a light beam to harden the cement.
Veneers are the facsimiles of your own teeth. The procedure enhances your sense of beauty and can give you a remarkable improvement in self confidence. You can start smiling and talking without any inhibitions. Instead of suffering from a poor body language due to discolored or chipped teeth, consider getting veneers for teeth and improve your looks and boost your confidence.