One of the best modern dental implements available today due to advances in the world of dental technology is mini dental implants. They are an excellent solution if your problem happens to be severe tooth loss. They provide excellent aesthetical value - most people won’t be able to tell the difference, unless they are dental experts. The procedure is simple and most certified and experienced dentists perform it very efficiently and effectively, without any pain on the part of the patient.
Why you should opt for mini dental implants?
Mini dental implants can replace lost teeth with cemented implants or removable restorations and this entire procedure can be carried out in just one sitting.
- They will increase your level of self confidence and will make it easier for you to speak, eat or smile.
- They help to preserve your bone structure and regular facial appearance.
- They are much more affordable than traditional dental implants.
- They can act as an anchor for dentures or bridges and cemented crowns.
- They do not require a long and complex oral surgical procedure.
- They lead to better smelling breath.
- Chewing and biting will become a whole lot less stressful.
- Cleaning of these mini implants is much easier.
- There is a much higher success rate for mini implants as compared to the traditional ones.
- They do not slip, wobble or cause any unnecessary discomfort.
Which areas are these implants used for?
These smaller dental implants are basically used for replacing lost or missing teeth in the areas like pre-molars, teeth which are located in an extremely narrow area, front teeth and any small teeth that are missing. They can also be used to anchor dentures so that they stay firmly in place and do not shift unnecessarily. These tiny dental implants are much better than other dental adhesives in this respect.
What are the major differences between mini implants and traditional dental implants?
- Mini dental implants are available at a much cheaper rate than traditional dental implants. Hence, they are way more affordable.
- These tiny implants do not include the use of screws.
- They are about half the diameter of traditional implants.
- Mini implants heal a whole lot faster that their traditional counterparts.
- The procedure time for a smaller dental implant is much shorter than that required for more traditional versions.
- If the dental implant fails for some reason, these tiny dental implants do not require grafting to be done.
What is the installation procedure for these mini implants?
Unlike traditional dental implants, their smaller counterparts do not require the use of screws. Hence, the placement procedure is quite different for these smaller dental implants. Usually, four tiny dental implants are put into the lower mandible area.
Using certain tools for diagnostic imaging, the dentist will ensure that the proper location for each implant is marked. A small pilot drill is used to make a tiny hole in the gum tissue. The small dental implants are then put into these holes and tightened with a wrench, so that they stay fixed in place and do not move around. The healing process is a whole lot faster than that of traditional dental implants. But dentists advise patients to take antibiotics before and after the installation procedure to avoid any infections in the mouth. The pain is minimal, but many patients opt for local anesthesia or conscious dental sedation in order to deal with the pain.
Mini dental implants give you back your beautiful and natural smile and guarantee you a longer-lasting and more effective dental solution for your tooth loss problem.