How Much Do Veneers Cost, and Are They Worth It?
Have you ever searched "how much do veneers cost" and, upon seeing the prices, immediately decided this cosmetic dental procedure was too costly to be worth it? If so, you're not alone. A lot of patients wish they could have celebrity smiles, but upon learning the answer to the question "how much do veneers cost?" they change their minds. Porcelain veneers can run anywhere from $925 - $2500 per tooth, and composite veneers can cost $250 to $1500 per tooth. However, if you dig a little deeper and consider the many benefits you'll experience when wearing veneers, those prices begin to seem a lot more reasonable. When you wear veneers, you get a lot more than a prettier smile.
Ten Benefits of Veneers
- Veneers camouflage a wide array of dental issues. If you have one crooked tooth, another chipped tooth, and some discoloring to hide, consider how much it would cost to address all of those issues. Whitening treatments alone can be pretty costly! With veneers, you can camouflage multiple dental issues at once, so you may even end up saving money.
- Veneers will give you a symmetrical smile. Many people feel that symmetrical faces and symmetrical smiles are the most beautiful. It is difficult to achieve a completely symmetrical natural smile, even with extensive orthodontic work. Often, one tooth is slightly longer or wider than the other. With veneers, however, your dentist can create that symmetry and allow you achieve the ultimate in beauty.
- Today's veneers come in varied shades. Maybe you've always wanted the stark white smile sported by your favorite celebrities, or perhaps a slightly off-white smile feels more natural to you. Your dentist will help you choose the perfect shade.
- You don't have to worry about tooth whitening when you wear veneers. Think about how much money you'd spend on whitening treatments over a 10-year period. Some people spend thousands of dollars! Porcelain veneers don't stain, so you never have to worry about whitening treatments again. The veneers may actually be cheaper than years' worth of whitening.
- Veneers can close a tooth gap without any discomfort. If you have a gap between your front teeth, you could fix it with orthodontic treatments over a periods of a few months -- or instantly and painlessly with veneers.
- Your dentist can use veneers to make your teeth appear longer, wider, or otherwise more ideal for your face shape. If you don't like the shape of the teeth you were born with, there's little your dentist can do to alter their natural shape. However, by placing veneers over your teeth, you can create the look of longer, wider, or more uniformly shaped teeth.
- Wearing veneers will boost your confidence. When you're confident in your smile, you'll be more apt to take risks socially and professionally. You'll just feel better about yourself.
- Having veneers applied is painless. Unlike procedures that would straighten or otherwise alter your natural teeth, having veneers applied is not uncomfortable. You might have a little sensitivity to hot and cold foods right after having them applied, but this typically goes away within a few weeks.
- Veneers last a long time. You won't be running back and forth to your dentist's office as you would with braces, frequent whitening procedures, or other techniques. Porcelain veneers last about 10 years, and composite ones last about 5 to 7 years.
- If you lose a veneer, you can easily have it replaced. It's not a big dental emergency like losing a tooth or a filling. Just contact your dentist, and he or she will have a new one made for you.
Tips For Patients Considering Veneers
If you have a cosmetic dental issue, such as stained teeth or a minorly chipped tooth, having veneers applied may be a great way to camouflage it. Keep in mind, however, that more profound dental abnormalities sometimes require correction with orthodontic procedures and other cosmetic dental techniques in order to protect your future dental health. Ask you dentist, "how much do veneers cost, and are they an option for me?"
When asking how much do veneers cost, keep in mind that once you get veneers, you do have to keep them on permanently, since a small amount of your tooth enamel is removed to apply them. They are a long-term solution to cosmetic dental issues, but they are also a long-term commitment. Veneers offer a range of benefits, and most patients are incredibly happy with their results after having veneers applied. Overall, they're a comfortable, efficient, and affordable way to finally have the smile of your dreams.