Porcelain veneers cost depends upon many factors and largely upon the treatment too. Porcelain veneers are indeed a great solution for worn tooth enamel, chipped teeth, irregular spacing between two teeth and even jagged alignment. They offer such amazing and immediate results that often overshadow the cost of getting the veneers. Veneers have truly revolutionized cosmetic dentistry.Indeed porcelain veneers are high-priced. The cost of composite veneers starts from $250 and can go as high as $1500 per veneer. They have a life of five to seven years. However, the overall cost of porcelain veneers for each tooth starts from $925 and can be as high $2,500.
Porcelain Veneers Cost Aspects
The cost of porcelain veneers not only depends upon how many veneers you need, also on the placement of the veneers by a dental specialist. Some of the factors that affect the overall cost of porcelain veneers are:
- Specialist Charges: It is important to know initially only how much your dentist would charge for the complete procedure.
- Experience and Skills: The expertise and proficiency of ceramist and cosmetic dentist in making and placing the veneers respectively matters a lot when it comes to calculating cost. The more experienced the dentist, the more he would charge.
- Location: Where you are located can have a prominent effect over veneers cost. If you are stationed in a metropolitan, the costs would be automatically high as compared to a smaller city or town.
- Dental Insurance: Many people wonder if veneers cost is included in dental insurances or not. Since it is an elective cosmetic treatment, in most of the cases, dental insurances do not cover cosmetic actions. However, one can check with his insurance provider which plan would cover it.
- Material of Veneers: What material you are using and how many teeth would call for veneers is another factor that determines porcelain veneers cost. Various kinds of porcelain can be used in veneers. However, the most robust and durable is always the best. Undoubtedly, it costs more than its counterparts available in the market, but it never troubles again in the future.
Temporaries vs. Same Day Veneers
Placement procedures of porcelain veneers also have a great impact upon their prices. Normally, dentists work with dental labs for fabrication of veneers. Till the time your veneers are not ready and customized for you, the dentist would put temporary veneers. These temporaries are used to provide the patient with a preview of the final results.
Another method of placing porcelain veneers is using the same day veneer technique. Here, the dentist employs CAD/ CAM technology to fabricate veneers in his clinic in-house. It simplifies the procedure as you have to just visit the dentist once to get your veneers made, adjusted and fitted onto your teeth. However, it is an expensive restoration alternative owing to the high cost of machines and equipments involved. Nevertheless, this all comes under the package.
Whether you opt for temporaries or same day veneers, the package includes it all. No additional fees is charged to the patient other than the expenses incurred for the complete procedure.
Quality Matters the Most
While deciding upon an option for porcelain veneering, it should always be kept in mind that you are up to a lifetime investment and hence a minor difference in expenses should not bother you. It would matter a lot in a long run.
Veneers are a perfect solution to get whiter and brighter smile you always wanted but couldn’t. The benefits you get - your dazzling, beautiful smile - are priceless as compared to porcelain veneers cost. So don’t wait any longer. Consult your dentist today for best results!