Oftentimes, the prospect of a beautiful smile dental makeover can be a bit daunting, precisely because you worry about exactly what it covers. With the wide range of modern dental applications and options available today, it can be quite the task to figure out what your teeth need, and how you can get a dentist that personalizes treatment in cases where it’s necessary. Without the proper information, you can end up getting a procedure that may get the job done, but was actually much more than was necessary; or a dental procedure that fixes your teeth functionally, but doesn’t do much in the way of visual appearance.
The Toolbox of Dental Smile Procedures
Gone are the days of merely-functional dentistry; where your only option for masking a chipped tooth, for example, might have been a garish gold covering. Smile enhancing dental care takes the appearance of your teeth as instrumental to their overall health, and your psychological and social well-being – after all; why should these take a backseat to physical health? The suite of beautiful smile cosmetics procedures includes:
- Clear aligners for straightening teeth
- Porcelain veneers for a host of applications (to be discussed further below)
- Laser teeth whitening, which is the recommended option over potentially-harmful over-the-counter whitening products that damage teeth in the long run
- Porcelain crowns and bridges
- X-ray to determine more serious problems such as gum-disease; and then a plan of action can be devised, often including one or more of the above
4 Corrections Tackled by Porcelain Veneers
One of the main champions of beautiful smile dental cosmetics is porcelain laminate veneers; they are not only tailor-made for dental health, but also for radiant smiles and the natural confidence they bring. Their most important application is the fact that they take care of problems that, in the past, often took several separate procedures to handle. Dental smile problems that are corrected by veneers are:
- Teeth that are broken in any way. If you have teeth that got chipped in a basketball game or cracked on a particularly disagreeable meal of lobster, dental veneers are tailor-made to restore them fully.
- Stained teeth. Unfortunately, some of your staple foods also tend to discolor your teeth; how many of us can afford to do without coffee in the morning? Beautiful smile dental veneers can get your teeth looking better than new.
- Gaps and spaces between teeth. Contrary to the old adage; a gap between your teeth doesn’t build character; or at least stops building it long before a better smile would do the same. Porcelain veneers can add enough girth to your teeth to erase the gap, without making you look like a rabbit.
- Lastly; veneers contribute to the beautiful smiles dental care look by rectifying old fillings and straightening jagged teeth to give your hiding smile that radiance you know is lurking somewhere.
We live in a wonderful age of dentistry, where no dental problem is too great to be tackled by experienced professional dentists. Beyond the formerly exclusively-functional procedures of times past, Smile makeover dental care amendments are now recognized as crucial to overall health, as well as the psychic well-being of dental patients. After all you might have gone through to get the health of your teeth restored, whether your problem was gum disease, required surgery, or were merely unsightly, doesn’t it make sense to go the extra mile with beautiful smile dental procedures using porcelain dental veneers?